Gmail, and possibly some other Google systems are going through a major outage today.
Here are some things to do in the meantime to keep from melting yourself from melting down as well:
- Pause your Google AdWords campaigns until this blows over. Who knows how far reaching the Google problems are.
- Think about how much you depend on the cloud for your everyday life. What analog back-ups do you have in place?
- Consider this another stepping stone on Google's path back down to earth. No web entity stays on top.
- Commiserate with all the other victims on Twitter.
- Get ready for your Fantasy Football draft!
- Call an elder and ask them how they survived without Google all those years ago. There are some tips for living to be had.
- Know that you have to think faster next time: Gmailisdown.com was registered today by Nick McIntyre of San Bruno CA.
- Actually get some work done.
- Write a letter and mail it. This is the best thing to happen to the USPS.
- Buy an affordable tech stock that you think will be the next Google.
Other suggestions welcome.